Friday, December 28, 2007

Turkey

Hello friends and family! Our move to Turkey has been very full so far! Our Christmas was wonderful, Maddie being able to read was able to distribute everyones gifts, how nice! Also, being that she is only 6, we didnt even wake up until after 7am! Now our very empty home is full of many fun toys and it keeps us all busy. We have started a game night on Thursdays and I must say I am outstanding at Crazy 8! As far as Turkey itself, we are eager to learn and see! Last week Bryan and I went to the Ankara Museum and learned all about how the newer Turkish alphbet came to be as well as many facinating facts concerning the country. Friday, Bryan flew to Incirlik, the base about 8 hours drive from here and had his medical clearance and also bought us a camera...today, Saturday he doesnt work so we plan on seeing the area and taking as many pictures as we can. I also told Maddie as soon as we get a camera we will get in our Christmas Jammies again and pretend we are opening gifts! I have been having some minor trouble with this blog, being it was in Turkish everytime I tried to logon...I think, I have that changed for now so please look for many more posts! Have a good one ,we love you all! Jessie

1 comment:

Ang C. said...

So glad you guys are doing well! Great to hear from you!

The new neighbors are ok. Boy, you sure know how to pick 'em...we don't see them much, but all the cars are a pain when they have their parties.

....just kidding....

Happy New Year!!